It is possible to keep your skin firm after losing weight, especially if you didn’t have loose skin, to begin with. The goal is to make sure your body stays hydrated all day. Don’t let yourself get too dehydrated. Drink a lot of water and don’t stop eating carbs entirely. Most people who cut out carbs and lost weight too quickly ended up with a lot of extra skin. The goal is to reduce weight in order to be healthy and, of course, to look better with and without clothes. Here are 6 pointers:
1. Every four weeks, alternate a full-body training regimen with a split routine. For example, a full-body routine should last four weeks, a split routine should last for four weeks, and a full-body routine should last for four weeks, and so on.
2. If you don’t have stomach ulcers and aren’t taking blood thinners, you should also take one teaspoon of cod liver oil once per day with your evening meal.
3. Consume 1000-1500mg of lecithin daily. Lecithin has been shown to improve skin suppleness.
4. Anything you can do to improve circulation would also be beneficial. Skin brushing methods are excellent. To acquire all the information you need, search the term “skin brushing” on the internet. Deep massages are also beneficial.
5. Finally, if you are more than 75 pounds overweight, DO NOT endeavour to reduce weight too quickly. The more you weigh, the simpler it will be to lose weight on this regimen, so start gently and aim to drop no more than 3 pounds every week. This will keep the skin from sagging. If you lose weight too quickly, you will have loose skin 90% of the time.
6. Many people have had great results with weekly body wraps, although they may be messy. You can do this as an option, but it is not required.
You can also take a collagen supplement as an alternative.
As I previously said, one way to enhancing the suppleness of your skin is to keep your body hydrated. Yes, drinking water will accomplish this. The average individual need one ounce of water for every pound of body weight. Depending on the sort of activity you perform on a regular basis, it may be more. The reason why so many people get loose skin after losing weight is that they follow low carbohydrate diets, which dry the body.
If you lose weight when dehydrated, the scale weight will decrease, but the majority of the weight lost will be nothing more than water weight. You’re doing excellent if you’re dropping 2-3 pounds per week. You’re pushing it if you’re dropping 4-6 pounds each week. If you lose more than 6 pounds each week, you will almost certainly end up with loose skin thereafter since you are most likely cutting too many carbs from your diet. The best benefits will come from avoiding processed flours/breads and sugars.
Also, instead of stepping on the scale every week to gauge your success, consider how your clothes fit. One good tip is to put on a tight pair of jeans, follow the fitness regime above for four weeks, and then try them on again. Those tight-fitting jeans will be a lot easier to put on and may even be a little loose after 4 weeks.
Following these practical tips will get you great results.