An alkaline diet is based on the notion that nutrients contained in vitamins, alkalizing foods, and water can help the body rebalance. These vitamins, minerals, and herbs provide new energy, strength, and improved health to the body.
Alkaline foods and water must be consumed to provide the nutrients needed by the body to neutralize acids and contaminants in the blood, lymph, tissues, and cells.
When the pH level in our bodies is out of balance, almost any area of the body can be affected. For example, when the nervous system is affected as a result of an unbalanced pH balance, depression occurs. When the cardiovascular system is affected, we could develop heart disease or other heart-related problems such as hardening of the arteries, coronary heart disease, pain or discomfort in the chest, stroke, high blood pressure, and even heart failure. Furthermore, we also experience exhaustion and a loss of energy when our muscles are affected. When our skin is affected by an imbalanced pH, we age faster than usual.
When the pH level in the body is balanced, the body achieves its optimal weight and automatically corrects negative health issues.
A change in attitude toward food is needed to transition to a more alkaline-balanced diet. The most important thing to note is that minor improvements can make a big difference. Gradually increase the number of alkaline foods in your diet.
Foods to Avoid
1) Sugar and sugar-containing items, such as soda, cake, ice cream, jams, artificial fruit juices, doughnuts, corn syrups, chewing gum, sweetened beverages, sweets, breakfast cereals, liqueurs, and blended drinks, should be consumed in moderation. These foods are highly acidic and will do more harm than good.
2) Ketchup, salad dressings, canned fruits, pickles, luncheon meats, bread, cheese, crackers, canned soups, hot dogs, sausages, and sweetened yoghurt are all processed foods and condiments to avoid.
3) Avoid using the microwave to cook or heat foods and beverages.
4) Limit the intake of dairy, poultry, fried foods, and fast food.
Benefits of an Alkaline Diet:
5) Eat more raw fruits and vegetables (without sugar). Raw vegetables should be a part of each meal. Avoid consuming toast and instead eat fresh fruits or drink vegetable juices. If you usually have sandwiches for lunch, try a raw salad or vegetable juice instead. Before you eat a hearty dinner, start with a large salad. This way, you will be too full to eat the main entrée. Try to eat all of the salad or as much as you possibly can.
6) Grains are an integral part of a well-balanced diet because they help to preserve the body’s alkaline balance. Grains are high in vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients such as folic acid, antioxidants, fiber, carbohydrates, and phytoestrogens. The University of Minnesota’s Department of Food and Science and Nutrition discovered that eating whole grains lowers the risk of chronic diseases including cancer and cardiovascular disease. Grains allow you to eat less while still feeling full. Grains should account for around 20% of your daily calories.
7) Don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Every day, drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of high-quality water. To improve the water quality, add liquid minerals.
If you follow these simple 7 steps, you will be able to achieve proper alkaline balance in your body.
Having a proper alkaline balance in your body will improve your quality of life. Your health will begin to improve almost immediately. Your energy level will rise, and your concentration will improve. You’ll gain strength, and stamina, and be resistant to many diseases. Your entire body will function more efficiently.